Why SEO is important
Did you know that over 92% of online experiences start with a search engine?
Just think how many times you actually go on to a search engine and search.
There are search engines all around us and we are constantly using them.
Any industry can rank on Google. Some industries may just take longer.
Just because you have a big site, does not necessarily mean that you will get more traffic.
You can always cut your content and improve your website quality with better content.
Google will automatically pick up your site, however, creating a Google account search console and submitting a site map is always a good thing to do.
Remember that you don’t need to spend a ton of money to win online.
There are factors on Google on which you really want to rank high.
By doing SEO properly, you will attract increased traffic and more importantly, sales.
You need to understand that SEO is important because:
1. SEO is a process of optimizing any given search word or term for a search engine on your site
2. SEO is a 24 hours salesman for your website as you can get found anytime of the day anytime around the world
3. If you stop paying Google for paid ads, you traffic dies down, but with SEO, you may not do anything for a week or more, and you don’t need to open up your wallet, and you can still continually get traffic
4. So, SEO increases your traffic, it generates a positive return on your investment, gives you amazing brand awareness, builds a tone of trust and your competition is doing it, so you are going to get left behind if you don’t do it
There is a saying nowadays… If it does not appear on Google, it doesn’t exist.
Google dominates search on all landscapes.
There are about 4.5 billion active internet users and Google’s share of desktop searched is 87%. On mobile, Google has a massive 95.6%. So, if you not on Google, you are not going to do well.
You may have by now realised that your position on a search engine is everything. Nearly one third of people click on position number 1 on Google. If you are not in the top 10, ten you are simply not going to get seen. Being at the top means literally everything.
Find out more about more about how Google search engine works to get yourself a better foundation.
Find out more about you local landing page layout to get yourself a better foundation.
Also checkout your local directories list to get yourself a better foundation.
So how exactly do you unlock the SEO factors to win online?
Google does offer certain do’s and dont’s yes, but these little factors don’t really tell you much as it is much too generic.
One easy thing you can do is go to Ubersuggest and click on the site audit report (see left hand side) and look at your website and then look at the factors that Google is looking at from healthy to warnings. You wanna go through all of them and you wanna fix them. For all the pages on your site!
Understand that SEO is really about a lot of little things and here are a few examples:
- Page speed
- Mobile user experience
- Topical content
- URL length – better to keep short and to the point
- Content length
- Backlinks – a big factor!
- Brand power
- Encryption – security is very important
Find out why you want to do proper keyword research for your website.
Recommended You Tube channels